I have started learning sign language which gets me out of the house, most of the people in my class have been learning for a lot longer than me but I think in some ways that has helped me to improve.
I have also started helping at a local Brownie Guide unit (shout out to 150th Birmingham Brownies!) and we have just finished our friend to animals badge and started working on our disability awareness. Brownies are aged 7 to 9 which is fine but I must admit that in my heart of hearts I am a Rainbow leader (the tiddaly biddaly ones). I am enjoying being Tawney owl, our main hope this term is that we will grow so I have been trying to get posters around Rubery and maybe to a bit of a social media campaign.
Work is going well, I have started helping on a Wednesday morning with the stay and play group that meets in the church, it is wonderful but very busy (they even have a bouncy castle!). I have been getting to know the church by attending church events and meeting with parishioners for tea, I have really enjoyed getting to hear all of their stories. And we are now at a point where I am starting to gather a core group of keen people who might help me start doing more!
So glad you are enjoying Rubery and Brownies. Maybe we should look at opening a Rainbow unit??
ReplyDelete